For just the 6th time in our 23 year history, the Beast of the East will be returning to the Boston area on Saturday, July 15th. With the help of the Woburn Host Lions, we will be hosting teams from the East Coast tournament to crown the 2023 Champion.
SCHEDULE – updated 7/13/2023
The schedule is not set yet but will consist of games during four time slots on Saturday, July 15th. Tentatively, those time slots are as follows:
- 9:00 AM
- Boston Renegades Vs NJ Titans – FIELD 1
- Fire vs Strong – FIELD 3
- 11:30 AM
- Titans vs Fire – Field 3
- Strong vs Bombers – Field 2
- 2:00 PM
- Boston Renegades vs LI Bombers – Field 1
- 4:15 PM
- Seed 1 vs seed 2 – FIELD TBD
- Seed 3 vs Seed 4 – FIELD TBD
The games will be played at 55 Locust Street Woburn, MA – Joyce Middle School
We need volunteers for Saturday in Woburn to take a two game shift (morning roughly from 8:30am-1:45PM) and afternoon (roughly from 1:30pm-6:30pm). Training will be provided. Roles we need help with include:
- Base umpires: (stand by our bases, set them up when they fall. Help alert the home plate umpire when a player reaches the base).
- Base switch operators: (sit on a chair in the shade. Control a switch that turns the bases on and off).
- Field umpires: (stand in the field. Help the home plate umpire determine if a player has possession of the ball).
- Home plate umpires: (Take control of the game. Have the final say on who is safe and have knowledge of umpiring and the rules of the sport).
***If you are interested in volunteering for this tournament please fill out this form so we can work with you to assign you a time slot ****
- If you have questions about this form or the volunteer opportunities – please contact us at [email protected]
If you would like to make a donation to the team…look for the “Donate Now” button on the left nav at the top of this page! Your donation is tax deductible and goes to a an organization with no paid employees. This means beyond the processing fees, 100% of the donation helps the team
Below are video clips from some the local news sources who covered the Beast of the East in 2017